Welcome to Web Dev Design.
Our goal is to provide you with the ability to have a great presence on the web and at the same time giving you the ability to update your site with ease.
As a consumer of web site development services it is important that you take some steps to educate yourself about the process. An informed consumer is knowledgeable about what he or she wants to buy and does research on options, availability, and market prices. These are the basic elements of an average web site project:
- Database Design
- Business Logic Programming
- Markup, Styling, and Graphic Design
- Standards-compliance, Accessibility, and Testing
- Ongoing Maintenance
Behind every web site is a programmer and a designer. The knowledge that these individuals possess and the time they put into every project is often overlooked and not considered when pricing a project. Keep in mind that you are not just paying for the developer’s time, you are paying for the knowledge and insight they have acquired over many years of experience.
A QUICK OVERVIEW OF HOSTING AND OTHER COSTS
Website hosting is a combination of a few recurring fees. There are basically three recurring web site fees: Domain Registration, Website Hosting, and On-going Site Maintenance.
- Domain Registration – Domain registration is simple, I recommend purchasing your domain for as many years as possible (e.g. 10 years.). HostMySite Pro.com offers low cost domain name services.
- Web Hosting – There are several different levels of hosting, but to give you a ball park estimation, I would expect to pay anywhere between $4.50 – $500.00/month for hosting. At $15/month you will be sharing server space with other websites. At $500/month you will most likely have your own dedicated machine that is managed by an experienced server administrator.
- On-going Site Maintenance – Site maintenance is typically billed at an hourly rate. For freelance developers this is usually between $40-$100/hour. For emergency, 24/7 maintenance, be prepared to pay $200+/hour.
Website design and development can have a wide price range depending on what you want accomplished. From a few hundred dollars for a simple static website to several thousand dollars for high-end ecommerce systems with custom functionality. Prices can vary based on the quality of the designs, degree of customization (as opposed to using an out of the box product), dynamic functionality etc.
Hence it is critical to first create a set of requirements based on the functionality you desire. Then compare it to off the shelf applications that can accomplish the same task. eg: content management systems, shopping carts, blogs, photo/video gallery etc. Some applications are free and are ideal for low-end projects. However more robust applications can get pricey, requiring licenses or a monthly subscription fee for hosted solutions.
Not nearly enough businesses understand the value of a well-designed website and suffer because of this ignorance. More and more people are using the Internet to research and purchase goods and services. If your online presence is lacking, you will miss out on a lot of potential business.
If you have a web design project in mind and would like to get an estimate or if you would like to consult with an expert, please fill out the Contact Us form with as much details as possible and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.